Friday 6 May 2011

{Putting things into Perspective}

I stress. I stress about a lot of things, mostly little things. When I was in school I stressed about exams and clinical and essays. I stress about my photography. Will people like my pictures? Is my blog boring? Will I make any money with photography? Am I charging too much? I stress about my car. Why are all the lights on? Will my car last me for a year yet? Do the scratches look funny? How can I afford to pay for gas? I stress about lots of other little things. I'm so far behind in scrapbooking. Will I ever catch up? Will people come to my tupperware party? Will it be fun? How am I going to get through June? It will be so busy. Will the pictures turn out? Will I be able to find a job in July? If I do, will it be good hours? Will my nursing national exam be hard? Will I have enough time to study? Will I have enough money to pursue my dream of traveling to Europe, or Africa? I stress, ALOT.

And then there's reminders for me that all those little things that I stress about, they don't really matter. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I have family and friends that love me, so it doesn't matter. Take Kaitlin for example. (http://www.compassion.ca/advocatenetwork/blog.php?intid=491) She died, yesterday, at 17 years old. She made a difference in thousands of lives. I don't know her, but I feel that she still impacted my life. She will remain a role model for me. She was selfless, giving, and courageous. And she will be missed. By many. My heart goes out to them.

It shows me that the little things don't matter. I need to be ready to die. And when I do die, what kind of legacy will I leave? Will all my family and friends know that I loved them? Will I be a strong Christian role model for others? These are the questions that matter. They  challenge me, and I hope they will challenge you, too.

God bless Kaitlin's family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. That is very true roxanne! You have hit the nail on the head! It is tough to think about things like that but when you hear about brave gals like Kaitlin it makes you think about what really matters and what really shouldnt matter but us crazies worry about it anyways!! I completely agree missy! Keep in touch, talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Jess! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like I worry too much about the little things in life! xo

    ReplyDelete