Thursday 24 October 2013

{Hard Decision}

I have already told many of you this, but I have made the decision to quit photography as a business. I'm not saying I'm quitting photography, because I still plan to take lots of pictures, and will still take pictures of my family. I still want to take more photography courses, and I don't think I'll ever stop looking at photography blogs and pins and dreaming about photography. I am simply too busy. And I think that today, the photography business is sort of like 'go big or go home.' Either I buy more props, spend time advertising and promoting my photography, put more time and effort in, take more photography courses, develop my own packaging, and buy more camera equipment, or I quit. I guess I'm taking the easy way out, but I'm happy with my decision.
 
I do really want to thank all of the people who have allowed me to do pictures for them in the past! I also should mention that I will honour my commitment to those who have pictures booked with me for next year. I officially will be done doing pictures at the end of December.
 
Another reason that I want to quit photography and be less busy, is because I have been thinking about starting another blog, this one focusing on issues that Christians face today. I know I'm not a very talented blogger, but I want to challenge myself to learn more and defend my faith and things that I believe. I want to be able to share devotionals and insights that might be helpful for other Christians. This is still all just mostly a dream, but I hope to have more time to invest in this in the future.
 
To all my supporters and friends, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment